TOTAL TIME: 5 minutes
Active time: 1 hour
For the filling
2 cups cheese myzithra cheese (if you cannot find you can use mascarpone or ricotta)
3 teaspoons sugar
1 egg beaten
For the dough
1/2 stick melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups flour
For the topping
1 egg beaten
1. To prepare the dough, add into a large bowl all the ingredients and blend well, using your hands, until the ingredients combine. The dough should be soft, but not sticky.
2. Leave the dough to rest for about 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 380F.
4. For the filling mash the cheese into a large bowl, add the sugar and the egg.
5. Place the dough on a floured surface; using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a thickness of about 0.3 cm. Using a glass, cut out some circles.
6. Add a spoonful of the cheese mixture in the center of each dough circle and spread. Raise the rim of the dough up around the cheese and using your fingers, pinch the edges to pull the dough in around the cheese, leaving the center open.
7. Into a bowl, whisk the egg and sprinkle the lyxnarakia. Sprinkle some cinnamon powder too.
8. Place the lyxnarakia on a baking tray with some parchment paper and bake for about 25 minutes, until golden.