ACTIVE TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 2 pounds beef, cut into bite-sized pieces 5 large carrots, peeled and sliced
5 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
A large bunch of celery, cut in pieces
3 large onions, peeled and sliced
3 bay leaves
1/2 cup rice
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon oregano
salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
- Boil the beef for 40- 50 minutes or until tender.
- Half fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the rice, carrots, onions, potatoes, and celery, and boil for 30 minutes.
- Add the spices, the olive oil and the meat, stir, lower heat and continue cooking for 10 more minutes.
- The smaller the pieces of the meat and veggies are cut, the sooner will be cooked.