YIELD: serves 4-6
ACTIVE TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 8 hours
- 3-4 pounds pork shoulder
- 5 gold potatoes peeled and sliced
- 1 medium eggplant sliced
- 2 zucchinis sliced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 green pepper cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup celery cut in small pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup beef broth or white wine
- Put everything in the slow cooker and stir.
- Set the cooker to Low, and cook for 7 to 8 hours or high for 4.
- Carefully remove the pork from slow cooker and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with some oil. Bake at 390F for 15 minutes.
- Put all the veggies and the broth/wine in the blender and mix. Serve with the pork.