For the Kantaifi
1 package (1lb) of Kataifi pastry, thawed
1 1/2 cups butter
1 cup walnuts, fine chop
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cloves
1/2 cup of honey
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 1/2 cups of water
1 cinnamon stick
juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons Metaxa
some reserved nuts for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Thaw the kantaifi in the fridge overnight and take out of the fridge about 15 minutes before working with it to come to room temperature.
3. Empty the nuts into a bowl and mix in the remaining ingredients in the filling list.
4. Melt the butter and grease a baking tin or Pyrex.
5. Cut a piece of dough and fluff it by pulling the strands. Put it in the palm of your hand, add about a heaped tablespoon of filling and tuck the sides over the filling. Then roll it up a couple of times and place it in the tin. With a spoon wet all the rolls of kantaifi.
6. Bake it for 50- 60 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let it cool.
7. Prepare the syrup. Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and boil it. While still hot, drizzle the syrup on top, and set it aside until it absorbs all the syrup. You can add some nuts for topping.