4 cups water
3 cups sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
2 cups semolina
1 cup olive oil
3 tablespoon cocoa powder
2/3 cups (160 ml) almonds
3 teaspoons cinnamon for dusting
1. In a pot combine the water, sugar, and cinnamon sticks. Boil it for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and making sure that the sugar melts.
2. In another pot and put the olive oil and the semolina. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 12 minutes until it becomes brown.
3. Carefully add the syrup into the other pot and stir well. Return the pot to the burner set over medium heat and add in the cocoa powder and the almonds. Cook for 4 more minutes.
4. Let it cool for 20 minutes and then put it in a cake tin. Set aside to cool completely for 20 more minutes.
5. When you are ready to serve your halva, invert the tin onto an appropriately sized serving plate.