YIELD: serves 6-8
ACTIVE TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 50 minutes
- 1 package Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 3-4 red apples
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, to sprinkle the counter
- 5 tablespoons jelly
- powdered sugar
- Thaw the puff pastry at room temperature
- Prepare a bowl half-filled with water and the lemon juice. Cut the apples in half and remove the core. And cut them in paper-thin slices. Leave the peel and place them in the bowl so that they won’t change color.
- Microwave the apples in the bowl for about 3 minutes.
- Unwrap the puff pastry over a clean and lightly floured counter. Using a rolling pin stretch the dough into a rectangular shape of about 12 x 9 inch (30 x 22 cm). Cut the dough in 6 strips, each about 2 x 9 inch (5 x 22 cm).
- In a bowl, place the jelly with three tablespoons of water. Microwave them for about one minute.
- Spread a thin layer of the jelly on each strip of dough.
- Preheat the oven to 380°F (190°C).
- Drain the apples.
- Arrange the apple slices on the dough, overlapping one another.
- Fold up the bottom part of the dough.
- Starting from one end, carefully roll the dough, keeping the apple slices in place. Seal the edge at the end, pressing with your finger, and place in a regular muffin cup. Grease it with butter and flour first.
- Bake for about 30- 40 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and powdered sugar