YIELD: serves 6
ACTIVE TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 50 minutes
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 apples
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons walnuts, crumbled
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 280oF.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl mix the melted butter and the melted chocolate. Let it cool.
- Mix eggs and sugar with an electric mixer, until creamy.
- Add in the apples and mix.
- Pour in melted chocolate and butter. and keep mixing.
- Add cocoa powder and mix with a spatula.
- Mix flour, vanilla and baking powder in a separate bowl. Slowly add them sifting into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Toss the walnuts on it and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Let it cool down before cutting into pieces.
- Dust with powdered sugar.