- 6 eggs
- 1cup sugar
- 1cup semolina
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tablespoon milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- juice from one lemon
- Put all the ingredients in a pot and boil for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a baking pan and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the eggs with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and continue mixing until everything is combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan, level with a spatula and bake for 40 minutes or until the cake is a nice golden color.
- While the cake is still warm, cover it with the syrup.