YIELD: serves 8-10
ACTIVE TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
1 1/2 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg beaten
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
Jam or praline
powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 380o F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix all the ingredients except from the jam and the powdered sugar.
- Place some parchment paper in a cooking sheet.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and lightly knead until it is smooth. Roll out the dough and using a cookie cutter, cut out as many cookies as you can.
- Use the lid of a plastic bottle cut out the middle from half of the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes or until the sides become golden.
- Leave them to cook completely on a wire rack before assembling them.
- When completely cool, spread the whole cookies with jam or praline. Dust confectioners’ sugar on the cookies with holes. Press one sugar-dusted cookie onto each jam- covered one and serve.