makes 20-30 cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cups (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 20-30 melting wafers
- Preheat the oven to 380oF.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer beat all the ingredients together except the wafers.
- If the dough seems too soft and sticky for rolling, add some more flour.
- Roll the dough into 1- inch balls and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 10- 12 minutes.
- Decorate immediately after removing cookies from the oven.
- Gently press a wafer into the centre of each cookie. The heat of fresh- baked cookies will melt wafers.