Makes 60-65 pieces
ACTIVE TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
- 1 box butter melted (4 sticks- 500gr)
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Metaxa
- 5 cups flour
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Preheat oven to 380o F.
- Combine all the ingredients except the nuts, mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Add the nuts and mix.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break off small pieces of dough, form into a small ball.
- Pinch the centre of the dough ball to flatten a bit and place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let the kourambiethes cool and then place them on serving plates.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar over them.