YIELD: serves 8-10
ACTIVE TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
INGREDIENTS for the brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add butter and chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave until melted and smooth.
- Add sugar, eggs and vanilla, stir to combine.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder, stirring until well combined.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a lined or greased baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Ingredients for the decoration
- 1 tub green icing
- sprinkles and candies
- candy canes
- Cut the brownies into triangles.
- Cut/break the candy canes into long pieces.
- Press the sharper end of the candy cane into the bottom of the brownie triangles.
- Starting at the top of the brownie triangles, gently squeeze out the icing in a curvy zigzag as you go down the tree.
- Add the sprinkles.