1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup yogurt
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 cups grated cheddar
1cup grated mozzarella
1 cup grated Gouda
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon ground pepper
2 teaspoons salt
1 package phyllo dough for pies
sesame seeds for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F and thaw completely the phyllo dough.
2. In a pan put the olive oil and add the cheese. Cook it for 3 minutes. Put them in a bowl.
3. Add the onion powder, garlic powder, nutmeg, pepper, thyme, oregano, salt, eggs, and the yogurt. Stir everything.
4. Cut the layered phyllo pastry into long strips about 7-8 cm wide.
5. Lay out one strip of phyllo at a time on your work surface with one of the narrow ends close to you. Place a tablespoon of filling on the end closest to you. Fold the bottom right corner over the filling to the left edge to form a triangle.
6. Fold the triangle up, bringing the point at the bottom left up to rest along the left edge. Turn the lower left corner over to touch the right edge – like folding up a flag. Continue turning the triangle over in this manner until you reach the end of the phyllo.
7. Place the kaseropitakia on a large baking tray with some parchment paper and brush the surface of the pie with some milk and a beaten egg.
8. Bake for 40 minutes, until golden and crispy.