4 cups milk
3/4 cup fine semolina
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package phyllo dough for pies
Cinnamon and powdered sugar to dust (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F and thaw completely the phyllo dough.
2. We heat the milk with the sugar, semolina, butter, and vanilla. We stir until sugar is dissolved and ingredients mix well. Keep stirring until it comes to boil. Lower the temperature and slowly add the eggs. Keep stirring until it becomes a thick creme for about 8 minutes.
3. Put some parchment paper on a baking tray. Unroll the phyllo dough from the plastic sleeve and place one phyllo in the bottom of the pan, brushed with olive oil.
4. Put one teaspoon on the phyllo and fold it in the shape of an envelope.
5. Sprinkle the surface with milk and bake for 40 minutes.
6. Dust with powdered sugar and cinnamon.