1 hour 20 minutes
- 1/2 packet phyllo dough, thawed and at room temperature
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 big eggplants, peeled and cut in small squares
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheese (parmesan, gouda, mozzarella etc)
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 390oF.
- In a pan, put the olive oil and fry the eggplants until golden brown about 4-5 minutes. Let them cool.
- Add the spices, the eggs, the feta and the cheese and mix them well to combine.
- Brush some oil all over a baking dish pie.
- Place half of the sheets of phyllo into the pie pan making sure that the inside bottom of the pan is covered and the remaining is hanging over the side of the pan. Drizzle some oil between the phyllo.
- Place all of the filling in the phyllo lined pie dish and fold the phyllo sheets hanging over the sides on top of the filling drizzling each stack with oil.
- Place another stack of phyllo sheets on top and tuck the excess phyllo into the sides of the pan. Drizzle some oil between the phyllo.
- Brush the surface of the pie with some milk, and put some sesame on top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until golden and crispy.