- Patsavouropita1 package of phyllo pastry, thawed overnight in your fridge
2 sticks of unsalted butter, melted (about 1 cup)
1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
- The evening before, transfer your package of phyllo from the freezer to the fridge and allow to thaw overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 390oF. Grease the bottom of your baking dish with butter or some olive oil.
- Prepare your filling. In a large bowl, add the milk and eggs and beat with a fork. Add the sugar and stir until everything is combined.
- Take a sheet of phyllo and place on your work surface. With your fingers holding the ends of the phyllo continue to fold and pinch the phyllo together, causing the phyllo to gather like an accordion. Put the phyllo in the baking dish. Repeat this step until your phyllo is used up and the tray bottom is filled. Pour the melted butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the phyllo becomes slightly brown.
- Pour with a spoon the filling on top of the phyllo and put the pie in the oven for 30 more minutes.
- Dust with powder sugar and cinnamon.