- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound beans
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 4-5 cups water
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- celery, cut in pieces
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Italian sausages, cut in pieces
- Soak the beans for 8-12 hours.
- In a pot, boil the beans for 15-20′.
- Drain the beans.
- In the crockpot, put everything except the sausages.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours, or high for 5.
- In a pot, put everything from the crockpot and cook for 15-20′.
- Place the sausages with some olive oil in a large straight-sided skillet and heat over medium-high and cook for 6–8′.
- Remove from heat. Transfer sausages into the pot and stir.