- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a bowl, whisk and stir all the ingredients
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat generously with vegetable oil.
- For each pancake, spoon 2 or 3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet. Cook until the surface of pancakes have some bubbles, about 1 minute. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until brown on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serve warm, with the desired topping such as maple syrup, honey, fresh fruit or Nutella.