ACTIVE TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours 30 minutes
For the Dough:
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
For the Filling:
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
For the Glaze:
- 1½ cups powder sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Using a dough hook in a stand mixer, combine the warm milk, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, and egg on low.
- Slowly add in flour.
- Once the flour is incorporated, turn the mixer to medium speed.
- Add more flour if necessary. The dough should be soft and sticky but pull away from the side of the bowl.
- Transfer dough to a large lightly greased mixing bowl, cover, and let rise for 1 hour.
- Place some parchment paper into a baking pan.
- Roll dough out to a rectangle.
- Brush the dough with the ¼ cup melted butter from the filling.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle mixture over buttered dough.
- Roll up tightly lengthwise to make one long roll.
- Use the thread to cut dough into 10 slices.
- Place slices into the pan.
- Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 380oF.
- Bake rolls for 20-30 minutes or until they get brown.
- After pulling rolls out of the oven, beat together glaze ingredients. Add additional milk for desired consistency.
- Frost the rolls while still warm and serve.