ACTIVE TIME: 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded cheese ( mozzarella, gouda, kaseri etc)
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices bacon, cut in small pieces
- 6 tbsp heavy cream
- 8 slices country bread
- 4 thin slices ham or turkey
- 4 tbs ketchup
- 4 thin slices cheese ( mozzarella, gouda, kaseri etc)
- Preheat the oven to 380oF degrees.
- Spread the butter to the slices of bread.
- Put the four slices in the pan and add the slices of ham, cheese and bacon. Add 1 tbsp ketchup in each sandwich.
- On top put the other four slices of bread.
- In a bowl beat the eggs. Slowly whisk in the cream and the shredded cheese.
- Spread on top of the bread generously with sauce.
- Put the pan into the oven, and bake until heated through and cheese is bubbling -around 10 minutes. Serve hot.