ACTIVE TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 4 pounds spinach
- 2 pounds spring mix
- 1 cup chopped spring onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup dill chopped
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 package phyllo dough for pies
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 F and thaw completely the phyllo dough.
2. Boil the spinach, the spring mix and the spring onions for 5′-6′.
3. In a pan put the olive oil and sauté the spinach, the spring mix and the spring onions for 5′-6′. Let them cool.
4. Tear up the greens with your hands and transfer to a bowl. Add the dill, onion powder, garlic powder, nutmeg, pepper, salt, milk, and stir everything.
5. Oil the bottom and sides of a round baking tray.
6. Unroll the phyllo dough from the plastic sleeve.
7. Divide the phyllo in three. Place the first batch and sprinkle them with oil.
8. Add half of the filling. Continue to sprinkle the other batch of phyllo with olive oil and add the other half of the filling.
9. Finish off with the remaining phyllo pastry sheets.
6. Brash the surface of the pie with olive oil, cut it into pieces and put some sesame on top.
7. Bake for an hour, until golden and crispy.