ACTIVE TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
- 1 red onion peeled and cut in small stripes
- 3 carrots peeled and cut in small stripes
- 2 zucchinis peeled and cut in small stripes
- 1 eggplant peeled and cut in small stripes
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black ground pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 box of pasta
- Boil the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Drain the pasta.
- Place a deep, non-stick pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and let it get hot.
- Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the veggies and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir.
- Add the marinara sauce, the spices, and 1- 1 1/2 cups water and cook for 8-10 minutes, until veggies are tender. Add more water if needed.
- Add the vegetable sauce in the pot with the pasta and stir until everything is combined.
- Serve with some yoghurt.