ACTIVE TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 3 hours and 30 minutes
For the Crust
- 2 cups crushed chocolate cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted ( 8 Tablespoons)
For the Peanut Butter Filling
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- ½ package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
For the Ganache
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
FOR THE CRUST
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, mix the cookie crumbs and the melted butter until everything is combined.
- Pour it into a tart pan and use your fingers and parchment paper to press it into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
FOR THE FILLING
- In a stand mixer fitted bowl with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form and set aside.
- In another bowl and a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter on medium speed until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and beat until fully combined. Add the whipped cream to the mixture and gently fold in using a spatula until everything is combined.
- Scoop the peanut butter mixture into the cooled tart shell and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
FOR THE GANACHE
- Add the chocolate chips to a small bowl.
- Add ¼ cup of heavy cream to a small saucepan and bring to a slow simmer. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat immediately and pour over chocolate. Add the butter and let sit for 5 minutes without stirring. Whisk the chocolate mixture together briskly until a smooth and shiny ganache forms.
- Pour over top of the peanut butter mixture and smooth out the ganache using an offset spatula.
- Place tart in the refrigerator until chocolate ganache is set about an hour.