1 hour 15 minutes
2 pounds ground meat
4 carrots shredded
1 eggplant in tiny pieces
2 cups tomato sauce
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 cups feta cheese crumbled
2 cups grated cheese (gouda, parmesan, mozzarella)
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon ground pepper
2 teaspoons salt
1 package phyllo dough for pies
sesame seeds for garnish
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. Thaw completely the phyllo dough.
3. In a pan put the olive oil and add the veggies. Saute them for 3-4 minutes and then add the ground meat. Saute for 5 more minutes.
4. Add some water -about 1 cup, the tomato sauce, the spices and cook for 5-6 minutes.
5. Put the mixture in a bowl and add the feta and cheese. Stir everything.
6. Oil the bottom and sides of a round baking tray -approx. 35cm diameter.
Unroll the phyllo dough from the plastic sleeve and place one by one sheet of phyllo on the tray. Sprinkle them with oil and put half of them before you put the filling. Continue sprinkle the phyllo with olive oil and finish off with phyllo pastry sheets.
6. Brash the surface of the pie with some milk, cut it into pieces and put some sesame on top.
7. Bake for an hour, until golden and crispy.