For Kourou dough
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup melted butter
pinch of salt
1 cup feta cheese crumbled
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 380* F.
2. In a bowl, mix all the dough ingredients. Lightly knead the dough on a clean working surface. Cut the dough into 14- 16 equal sized pieces.
3. Lay a sheet of parchment paper on your working surface and place a piece of dough on it. Spread it out with your hands and then roll it out with a rolling pin.
4. Place 1 tablespoon of the filling in the center and brush the edges all the way around with water so that it can stick together when closed.
5. Fold the dough over, and press down on the edges with a fork to seal and form a little pie.
6. Brush the tops with an egg yolk or some milk.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden